LONDINIUM replacing the safety valve

 


Reacties

Anoniem zei…
Really enjoying your series of videos on basic maintenance tasks on the Londinium. It’s very useful and informative. Thank You.
Have you thought about what a good comprehensive toolkit should look like for someone wishing to carry out all the maintenance activities necessary on an LR/LR24? Forgive me if you’ve already posted one and I haven’t spotted it yet.
Frans zei…
Hi, we have not compiled a list of all tools used, but in every separate video we take care to focus on the tools, like the size of the spanners we use. I hope this helps.
Anoniem zei…
Thanks for the prompt response - yes I realise you always show all tools and materials necessary to achieve your stated task. They are really comprehensive and enjoyable watching. Having followed your Lever video path for some time, I’m glad to have found this blog as an additional resource. Thank You.
Frans zei…
Thank you! We just made another video, about the solenoid valve, hope you like it!
Anoniem zei…
Yes I’ve seen it. I think your approach makes the maintenance process seem very accessible to folk who wouldn’t ordinarily consider tackling this kind of thing. Hope you have lots of other potential Londinium video ideas lined up for the future. Now if only I could get interested in coffee roasting.
Frans zei…
The idea is to make clips of 'everything'. One thing we missed is the complete replacement of a boiler -- Tije had a wear issue on his boiler, had it fixed at the factory and built the shining as-new boiler back in. I was too busy with other work to come over and film that...
Anoniem zei…
I have shared your blog link on the talkcoffee forum in the U.K. as I believe there are a number of Londinium owners that frequent that place and could be interested in your content. I really like the concept of clips of “everything” and look forward to your future video clips.
Bleeding air in a machine is one I’ll definitely be interested in, my 24 has developed a bit of air gurgle and it’s definitely on my to-do radar, but it’s getting pushed further down the list as more pressing problems around the house take priority.
Frans zei…
Thanks for sharing the link!
air gurgle sounds odd -- have you pinpointed where it's from exactly, what detail of the machine produces it?
If it's the boiler 'singing' when heating up, this may be lime scale around the element and cleaning it may sort it.
Making sure your water is well processed so (hardly) no lime scale can build is a good way to prevent several problems.
Anoniem zei…
Your observation - recommendation about good processed water is an important one to mention and appreciated. Thankfully my water area tests well and falls within the machine design specification. Though I still use a charcoal filter before filling the tank.
Thankfully I do not have the boiler “singing” as you mention above, sometimes it’s really difficult to put precisely and concisely into words the gist of an issue. Air gurgle is perhaps too strong a term, but occasionally I get a liquid sound as the pump runs and tries to deliver its water pressure. I assumed it was a little air in the system. Perhaps it’s a function of the machine. The Rotary pump on my old LR was so much louder than this quieter pump, so hearing water circulating whilst the pump runs is a relatively new thing for me - it’s a learning curve.
Thank you for your response and look forward to your next video.
Anoniem zei…
Your observation - recommendation about good processed water is an important one and appreciated. Thankfully my water area tests well and falls within the machine design specification. Though I still use a charcoal filter before filling the tank.
I’m glad I don’t have the boiler “singing” whilst heating up, though
sometimes it’s really difficult to precisely articulate the gist of an issue. Air gurgle is perhaps too strong a term, though occasionally I get a sound as the pump runs and tries to deliver its water. I assumed it was a little air in the system. Perhaps it’s a function of the machine. The Rotary pump on my LR was so much louder than this DC pump, so hearing water circulating whilst the pump runs is a relatively new thing - it’s all an interesting learning curve.
Thank you for your response and look forward to your next video.

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser