Mahlkönig Vario Home repaired


Also see: https://www.baratza.com/troubleshooting/

A friend who has a Mahlkönig Vario Home grinder next to his Rocket Giotto espresso machine, noticed how the grinder would sometimes make a loud noise while grinding lighter roasts, as if something inside the grinder exploded.

Ripped belt
Eventually it became clear what happened: the belt drive skipped as the machine was struggling to grind the light roasts fine enough for a good extraction flow.

A quotation was asked for repairs but that would cost more than half of what a new grinder would run into so a AUS $ 20 replacement belt was found online and installed by Bobby himself.

I had the same grinder once and when the grind setting slipped I bought new burrs which cost nearly € 100 and when that did not make a difference I just got rid of the grinder as fast as I could, so I have great respect for the handiwork performed here!

MK Vario Home before re-assembly



Reacties

Unknown zei…
Where did you find a $20AUD belt? they are trying to get $50 out of me for a belt and delivery from NSW...
Frans zei…
I will ask Bobby who lives in Sydney. His Vario has since been replaced by a Compak E8 though.
Frans zei…
“ This is the cheapest I found using a quick search … $40… inflation over 5 years 😁
https://dibartoli.com.au/product/mahlkonig-vario-toothed-belt/ “

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser