Espresso on vacation: Oostvoorne

We went to stay in a little house in the woods near Oostvoorne for a few days so I had to leave my Londinium L1-P espresso machine and the huge Compak R120 grinder behind.

Luckily I have a small set of the bare essentials to treat us to some excellent espresso even here. It takes some tweaking, recalling how I did it last time, getting the HG One dialed in for a fine extraction but then, with the right beans and some luck, it's a near perfect run of most delicious coffee.

The Acaia Pearl scale helps to weigh off the beans and to time the shot. In the video below, I got a 25g espresso in 33 seconds using 14g (plus one bean) of grinds, with about 10 seconds pre-infusion.

I did most of the preparations single handedly because I was holding the iPhone camera with my left hand. Only when I did the stirring and tamping I needed both hands and I asked for assistance.

The external PID here is monitoring the group temp. When the group temp hits 85ÂșC I switch on the PID program which ensures the temp stays there. In this video, the temp was not there yet so I just let the La Pavoni's own pressostat do the work.






Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

The Four Daltons

Rocket espresso service & upgrade