Acaia 'Lunar' Scale for Coffee

[A separate blog entry about "zero tracking" on the Acaia is here]

Acaias Pearl and Lunar next to each other 

A first glance at my new scale. I knew from pictures on the web that it was going to be a smaller sized scale but this one is really small! Packed with features all the same, so I have lots to explore now.

I stacked both Acacias to check their LCD performance under bright lights and the black one does much better there. In the video, timing and weighing a shot of espresso on the LONDINIUM 1-P machine, it's striking how small the new black scale is in comparison to the white "mother ship".



Next I want to demonstrate the nifty feature of the new Acaia Lunar where it automatically sets the weight to zero after placing a cup on the scale and then it not only automatically starts counting time & weight when the first drops begin to fall, it also automatically stops time (and remembers the last stable weight) when the cup is lifted (on a lever machine for instance) or when the flow has stopped (like on an E61).

The latter was an early suggestion made last year October by Trevor Watters of Sydney so he will be especially happy to see this implemented:





PS I got another one so I can use one at home and one at my girl friend's place:


Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser