Measure the Moisture [Part 3]

(Part 2 is here:
http://kostverlorenvaart.blogspot.nl/2015/01/measure-moisture-part-2.html)

The oven is a very time consuming method but it seems better than using the air roaster.

I loaded 200g of the 14% beans and ran this program:

1) Ramp up to 140ºC in 2 minutes
2) Stay at 140ºC for 60 minutes

About every 9 minutes there is a little ripple in the graph because then the roaster needed a restart. At 09:30 it switches off as a safety measure to I needed to quickly restart it before that time limit.

Result: 200g in, 182.6g out

Not very conclusive material.

Measuring against another meter seems much much simpler.



Reacties

ZonGo zei…
So you're not happy with your moisture meter? Would you not recommend it?
Frans zei…
I sold it for 75 Euros. For that price the next owner has a fine instrument.

Populaire posts van deze blog

Lose Weight, Gain Volume: About Coffee Bean Density in Artisan

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

The Four Daltons