Fellow Corvo EKG - fun smart small water heater

 

Bought this little black water kettle at a big online store. The confirmation email said it could be a week before delivery but the very next day a young man was at my door for delivery! 

Wouter Brunia of https://wb.coffee/about works here in Amsterdam so it was easier for him to hand deliver than go therough the trouble of shipping ;-)

The kettle heats to a precise target and then keeps the water at that temperature. I like to drink hot water of 65ºC and until now I just cooked water, poured it into a thermos flask and added some cold water. Now I always have water of the temp that I like ready to pour into my glass.

And when I next go on a trip I will bring it along to make espresso with the Mypressi and then I will set it to 100ºC to properly pre-heat the device.

Here the water is 100º and I turned back the target to 90ºC

Here water is heated 100ºC and on hold to sustain the temp.


I compared water from my BWT water filter system to the water provided by the city water company and I prefer the unfiltered water. The BWT filter delivers water that's expected to be best for the espressomachine so I will henceforth use the unfiltered tap water for consumption outside the espresso machine infrastructure.


BWT filtered

unfiltered




Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser