Hurricane AM modulator

 

I bought the Hurricane AM Modulator.

Here in my living room the hum was considerable even though I had an EARTH connection. So what I did was use a coax cable made of two different ends of coax cable, just the isolated kernel of both taped close together so the signal is transmitted on one, received on the other without the wires touching. One end in the antenna OUT of the transmitter, the other end in antenna IN of the receiver.

Now I can wirelessly send music from my laptop or telephone to the Hurricane and ‘receive’ it on the radio of my preference. A little hum remains...

PS: I later used the INC button on the front to increase frequency to 2016 kHz and now there is no hum or other noise audible on my setup.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser