First Sourdough Loaf (after 36 years)

Thirty-six years ago we would bake sourdough bread routinely but I completely forgot how it is done. Our little family shared a house with five others and we would eat dinner together, taking turns cooking and we also baked sourdough bread once or twice a week.

All of that ended somehow.

Later I got a bread making machine and instant mixes but that was not the same so I gave it away.

In the eighties, baking bread was learned from friends, now it is taught on video clips and forums. This is my first attempt to remember.

I purchased "Meer brood uit eigen oven" by Levine van Doorne and "The Bread Bible" by Rose Levy Beranbaum but this first loaf is more or less a recipe taken from the Weekend Bakery website.
  1. 220g of sourdough starter, equal parts water/flour, half of the flour from organic rye, half of it whole wheat
  2. 340g of flour, half of it whole wheat
  3. 180g water
  4. 7g salt
The starter was ready to go earlier than expected, so when I noticed that in the very early morning I decided to get going. Then later I was sleeping when I should have been switching on the oven so that didn't start well but the loaf came out in a pleasing manner for me anyway.



Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser