COMPAK small dose funnel

Montse Ibern and Sebastiaan van Pommeren of COMPAK sent me a single / small dose funnel for my E8 grinder with the "Red speed" Lucidate burr set. I filmed the first shot I made with it, also documenting a tip that I got from Reiss Gunson of LONDINIUM. With the "red speed" burrs, the grinds don't need the routine stirring with a whisk that I had a habit to do, also no nutating, just a gentle shake to level and tamp. Extraction on the LONDINIUM L1-P, also using the Acaia Lunar scale.


PS 27 July 2017
In practice, when on the road with this short hopper/funnel, I keep the funnel full to ensure that at the bottom of it, the beans are not bouncing around half broken and taking their time to get finally ground all the way. Keeping the funnel full pushes the beans into the tight spot, blocking their way back into the funnel and making sure the beans travel directly through the burr set into the chute and filter basket.


Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser