Compak E8 "Lucidate Red Speed Burr Set" grinder

My new Compak E8 grinder arrived just in time for Xmas. I have no tree and anyway it would not fit under the tree so I took out my sebenza and cut the box open, unpacking and installing the machine. I expect to put 10-20kg through the grinder before really putting it to the test. Jan van der Weel and I have promised a review for KTC magazine to appear in the spring 2016 issue. So there's time!

Below the list of pictures is a video of a first shot of espresso after dialing in the grinder to find the "espresso" grind, aiming for 30g of espresso in 30 seconds from 18g of grinds in the VST 18g portafilter basket, tamped with the LONDINIUM tamper and extracted on the Londinium L1-P lever machine, monitoring the flow with an Acaia Lunar coffee scale.

This specific grinder has the Lucidate "Red Speed Burr" set for lower friction and lower temperature.

A Box

Opened Box

Hopper popping out

First peek at the machine

Ready for action

Red Speed Burrs

Posing

Hopper filled

Sister E8 next to Big Brother R120


Grinder table ready, next to the little ROK (far left) and the larger HG One (far right)
On VIMEO:



YouTube version:

Reacties

Devin Lee zei…
Now I'm using E10, How different shot with E8 and R120?
Frans zei…
Can't really say yet. I just unpacked and installed it. Jan and I will test and review in January. The first shots look and taste great though! I have not even methodically compared R120 and HG One inside-by-side shots yet. Could be nice to even do a ROK / E8 / R120 / HG One compare, measuring extraction % in shots that all were 30g in 30s from 18g. Later.

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser