Espresso on vacation: Oostvoorne

We went to stay in a little house in the woods near Oostvoorne for a few days so I had to leave my Londinium L1-P espresso machine and the huge Compak R120 grinder behind.

Luckily I have a small set of the bare essentials to treat us to some excellent espresso even here. It takes some tweaking, recalling how I did it last time, getting the HG One dialed in for a fine extraction but then, with the right beans and some luck, it's a near perfect run of most delicious coffee.

The Acaia Pearl scale helps to weigh off the beans and to time the shot. In the video below, I got a 25g espresso in 33 seconds using 14g (plus one bean) of grinds, with about 10 seconds pre-infusion.

I did most of the preparations single handedly because I was holding the iPhone camera with my left hand. Only when I did the stirring and tamping I needed both hands and I asked for assistance.

The external PID here is monitoring the group temp. When the group temp hits 85ÂșC I switch on the PID program which ensures the temp stays there. In this video, the temp was not there yet so I just let the La Pavoni's own pressostat do the work.






Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser