Steam Poached Egg using an Espresso Machine

[A big thankyou to the editors of Daily Coffee News for writing a feature about this blog: http://dailycoffeenews.com/2015/03/05/could-steam-poaching-be-the-next-big-thing-in-eggspresso-perfection/]


One for the series 'Hey I Did Not Know You Could Do THAT With An Espresso Machine'...

Sometimes I use a small heat proof plastic container to quickly make myself apple sauce from sliced apple, or I warm up a small Asian meal in it by inserting the espresso machine steam wand through a hole in the lid.

Now I found that it is very easy to prepare an absolutely delicious 'steam poached' egg in the same way. An egg poached in water can taste a bit watery but this way the egg keeps its own clean quality. A sprinkle of salt and pepper help to enhance the pure simple joyful treat.

Small speciality coffee places could easily offer this lunch bite without the need for any kitchen equipment.

I use the powerful LONDINIUM I home lever but any other professional machine should be able to do this just as easily.


PS March 15 2015:
Gábor Laczkó from http://www.naked-portafilter.com was inspired to take this project one step further! He used a giant lever machine to steam his eggs and sent me pictures of the beautiful result:


La San Marco lever

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser