Fuji PXG4 arrived

Postman gone, I open the box!

PID plus the funny communication cable

Bits and pieces
Comms cable inserts in the bottom
I took the PID to Tije (the man who makes the well known cooling rings for La Pavoni Europiccola/Pro machines) who will prepare a metal box for the PID to be built in. He took size measurements and I left several connectors (power, SSR out, probe) which will also be on the box.

Only the communication cable will be permanently connected. The mini stereo jack is so small, I don't feel like soldering a copy, connecting that to a female version on the box for the cable to put in/take out off on the outside. Too much chance that I would overheat the little plastic plug while soldering, causing a short circuit, optimistically connecting it all and blowing up the entire project.

I plan to carefully try out the connection without the metal case, seeing how far I get in making the connections and maybe do some initial configuration.

I ordered this box to build it in:

https://www.conrad.nl/nl/proma-130048-universele-behuizing-168-x-110-x-104-aluminium-aluminium-1-stuks-522970.html




Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Tiny Cheap Fluid Bed Roaster by Tije and Jan

Finished Pavoni & Fuji PXG4 pid: Probe Inside the Ring

TC4+ boards and Arduino controlled roaster by Matthias Gerstgrasser